Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring is Here!


Some people might judge the arrival of spring by whether or not a silly little groundhog sees its shadow. To others, it might depend on whether it's balmy enough to go out with just a light jacket. If I wanted, I could judge spring's appearance by the presence of the man down the street out on his front porch swing, swaying back and forth all day long.

But for me, spring has really arrived once I see all the spring colors popping up in my neighborhood. Once I'm greeted by the yellows and purples and light greens that have been hidden under white snow, or dirty brown slush.

No matter how you decide whether or not spring has arrived, I think that it's certain that we can all agree (in Chicago, at least) that spring is finally here! And thank goodness.



L. Stacks

No comments: