Friday, April 30, 2010

Goodbye, April, Goodbye



Well, folks, sadly this year's poetry month is coming to a close. Thank you so much for tuning in for my poetry blitz throughout the month--I hope you all enjoyed it! Here's a little recap of all the poems I posted, in case you missed any. (I bet a literary critic could look at all these poets I've posted and figure out some pretty big things about my personality and writing style from the poems that I like.)

National Poetry Month 2010:

Poetry Blitz, One. "The Poet With His Face in His Hands" by Mary Oliver.

Poetry Blitz, Two. "Three Weddings in October" by Kathleen McGookey.

Poetry Blitz, Three. "Found" by Ron Koertge.

Poetry Blitz, Four. "Married Life" by Jeanine Hall Gailey.

Poetry Blitz, Five. "The Gift" by Sean Lause.

Poetry Blitz, Six. "if you like my poems let them" by e.e. cummings.

Poetry Blitz, Seven. "Reasons Not to Have a Daughter" by Twilight Greenaway.

Poetry Blitz, Eight. "The Language of the Couple" by Heather Sellers.

Poetry Blitz, Nine. "Rain, Snow, and Other Weather" by Lauren Stacks.

Poetry Blitz, Ten. "Poem in Which I, and Only I, Get What I Deserve" by Michael Meyerhofer.

Poetry Blitz, Eleven. "Introduction to Poetry" by Billy Collins.

Poetry Blitz, Twelve. "If You Are Lucky in This Life" by Cameron Penny.

Poetry Blitz, Thirteen. "Riddle" by Kate Light.

Poetry Blitz, Fourteen. "Fog" by Carl Sandburg.

Poetry Blitz, Fifteen. "Making a Fist" by Naomi Shihab Nye.

Poetry Blitz, Sixteen. "A as in Alice" by Mary Jo Bang.

Poetry Blitz, Seventeen. "The Red Wheelbarrow" by William Carlos Willams.

Poetry Blitz, Eighteen. "1941" by Ruth Stone.

Again, thanks for tuning in!

L. Stacks

Photo: weheartit

No comments: