Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Honeymoon Roundup


While this is a little out of order, I wanted to take a post to share some honeymoon pictures with you all, as I'm still waiting on the Chicago postal system to deliver my wedding pictures (... we had about 30 wedding RSVP cards that were simply never delivered by the postal system, so let's just say that I don't exactly trust its services). So, to hold you over until then, here's a little peek of our vaca:

The gorgeous view from our condo in the Villas at the Kapalua Resort, Maui.

Rocky Hawaiian shoreline... T spent a good few hours
exploring the little tide pools (while I read).

The sun rising from the top (10,000 feet) of the Haleakala crater
(an active volcano!)... we had to wake up at 1:30 a.m. to catch this!

Ready to ride down the mountain... I think we only pedaled
a few dozen times total. We were all bundled up because there was about
a 40 degree difference from the top to sea level.

One day, we played the 18-hole putting course
in our resort... I ended up 35 over par, while T was 2 over...

During the day, we had drinks by the pool, read and

... and napped.

And everyday we took a picture of the sun setting--I love
knowing that we can look back and have a shot of each unique sunset.

Every evening we dressed up,

and went out for great food (our favorite was Merriman's)

and plenty of wine.


On our last day on the island, we took the windy
Road to Hana drive and saw some gorgeous scenery.

... And here's my handsome husband!

The trip was honestly idyllic and better than I could have ever imagined. We would definitely recommend visiting Maui, and the Kapalua resort to anyone looking for a nice tropical vacation. I hope you all enjoyed looking through these photos--and sit tight for upcoming wedding photos!! Also, I'm planning to post plenty of movie and book reviews to try to catch up on all that I missed.

Aloha,

L. Stacks

No comments: