Sunday, April 18, 2010

Poetry Blitz, Nine.


Tonight's edition of book ends' National Poetry Month poetry blitz (read more about it here) is an extra-special edition for two reasons. First, because I am going to post a poem written by none other than yours truly, the very poem that is mentioned in this post--as requested by a faithful reader of mine. Second, tonight's post is special because today is an important day... the 5 year anniversary of the day T & I started dating. And the poem that I am posting just happens to be about him. So, happy anniversary, T!


Rain, Snow, and Other Weather
by Lauren Stacks

I'm like the weather, never really can predict
when this rain cloud's gonna
burst; when it's the high or it's
the low, when you might need a light jacket.

Sometimes I'm the slush that sticks
to the bottom of your work pants,
but I can easily be the melting snowflakes
clinging to your long lashes.

I know that some people like:

sunny and seventy-five,
sunny and seventy-five,
sunny and seventy-five,

but you take me as I am and never
forget to pack an umbrella.

(c) Lauren Stacks

photo: weheartit

No comments: