Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!



Dear readers, I hope you all had a lovely Easter, how ever you celebrate it. When I was younger, we would do the traditional egg hunt around our house, and my brother, sister and I would have to split all the candy we found equally (though we gave my sister most of the Tootsie Rolls, her favorite).

It's funny because my most vivid Easter memory actually doesn't have much to do with Easter at all. When I was probably eight or nine, I had received a pair of rollerblades for Christmas, but had a terrible time learning how to use them, on account of Michigan's snow and my tendency to be uncoordinated. It was on Easter Sunday of that year when I finally mastered the smooth gliding motion of my wheels, and soon could zip around the driveway, although I could only stop myself by rolling into the grass. Ha!

Now that it's nice in Chicago (well, besides tonight's little thunderstorm) I'll have to break out my rollerblades and see how much progress I've made since age eight. I'm pretty sure I'll still have a hard time stopping...

Happy Easter!

L. Stacks

Photo: weheartit

1 comment:

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Hope you enjoyed your Easter! You should have pulled a pair of roller blades out! I so remember learning and don't even want to think how klutzy I would be on them now...such fun though. Hope your week is off to a good start! xoxo Katie