Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!


It seems a little strange that today is St. Patrick's Day, since Chicago celebrated it (and celebrated it hard, at that) last Saturday. My college roommate was in town, and we took a trip downtown to see the Chicago River turned green. We were at the river at about 11 a.m., and it seemed that nearly everyone around us had been drinking since the crack of dawn. It was entertaining, to say the least.



I only took one picture of the green river, and that was with a little guy named Flat Stanley. My eight-year-old cousin had sent me Flat Stanley and asked me to be his "tour guide" in Chicago. I was instructed to take pictures and write a little story about his journey. It's a cute project for kids, and I found myself wishing that I could have done it myself when I was in second grade.

I've never really understood the big to-do about St. Patty's day--I feel like the meaning behind it has been totally lost in all the green beads and green beer. I'm sure it would probably help if I liked to drink any color beer at all. Either way, I'll try to scrounge up some green to wear so that my brother won't pinch me when he gets home from school.

L. Stacks

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Stanley sure had a 'tour' of the city and all the residents at their finest! ;)