Thursday, March 11, 2010

Anthro Addiction


I am proud to say (though my pocketbook may disagree with me) that this week I went to my absolute favorite store, Anthropologie, three days in a row. It's kind of a little pick-me-up like drinking coffee or reading a good poem. (Side note: I actually found my dream job: editing for Anthropologie's website and catalogue--they wanted writing experience, editing experience, and experience with blogging, twitter and facebook... perfect!--the only problem is that the job is in Philadelphia, and I'm not ready to move out of Chicago just yet.)

Anyway, yesterday was an exciting trip to Anthro because I purchased... (dramatic pause) my bridesmaids' dresses! I am just thrilled with how lovely they are and can't wait to see the full effect. The dress is their navy All-Seasons Shirtdress, which apparently has been selling like hot cakes on the web, so I guess I picked a keeper. I hope the dress conveys the right amount of vintage and casual vibes while still remaining classy and appropriate.

What do you think?

L. Stacks

3 comments:

Beth Wooten said...

I stumbled across your blog, and just wanted to randomly support your bridesmaid dress selection. It's a pretty dress from a pretty store.

I'll also add that I read The Human Stain by Roth fairly recently, and I, too, enjoyed his writing.

And one last thing... :) I taught high school English for six years and there's nothing like it, and though I couldn't have predicted it, through a series of providential events, I will be starting a graduate program in the fall... but in lit, not creative writing.

Meg said...

Oooh, I love Anthropolgie also! There is one less than a block away from my work, it's so tough not going in there on a daily basis :)

I think that dress choice for the bridesmaids is perfect for a vintage/casual theme. The deep rich color makes it classy & appropriate.

xx

Mel said...

That's gorgeous, Lauren!! Your wedding is going to be so lovely, I'm positive.

I've never been inside an Anthro, but two of my BFFs are a bit obsessed with it. I've been holding off on visiting the State Street store until this weekend so we can go together. I'm a little frightened or, at least, my bank account is.