Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Warmer Days


I've been cooped up inside all day today, working on my thesis--a huge chunk of it is due next Thursday, and I've been making some pretty major changes, not to mention I'm trying to add about 15 pages to the beginning by then. All this work, and the temperature of our apartment is definitely making me wish for warmer Chicago days.


I'm ready for the city to look like this, for the trees to be green and the sky blue. I don't remember feeling this stir crazy last winter, but I bet I probably was.


Also, by the time summer rolls around here, I should have about 120 pages of my thesis done--more than half, hopefully, and most of what will be left should hopefully be expanding, explaining, and tweaking.


Oh, and not to mention the fact that once it's nice out I can sit on my little wool blanket in the park and write in a sunny little spot. And probably sip on an iced caramel latte.

But for now, I'll bundle up and keep on putting words down on paper, and sooner than I think, it will be warm, and those words will be a novel.

L. Stacks

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Do you think the weather will be that nice by the time I come visit?? I am crossing my fingers :)

Lauren Stacks said...

I sure hope so! It surely can't be cold for too much longer!