Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rock Out


Thank you all for your very sweet comments yesterday! It's nice to have so many supportive friends--especially those who aren't necessarily members of the literary community but still are interested in my work as a writer.

Do you ever think about what you would have liked to have done if you hadn't chosen the career/life path that you did? I, for one, sometimes wish that I could have had a background in musical theatre--singing, dancing, acting, and dressing up, they're all so glamorous to me. I guess maybe musical theatre is kind of like writing in its own way... either way, we're telling someone else's story, and trying to make it interesting, and resonate.

That said, I have a confession--though some of you may already know--one of my most favorite things to do is to play video games. Well, not video games, plural, but a specific video game:Rock Band.

This weekend T and I are in Iowa visiting his sister and her husband, and they ownGuitar Hero World Tour. I'll admit that I'm quite anxious to see how it shapes up compared to Rock Band--it doesn't have my favorite song to sing to, "Don't Speak" by No Doubt, but I am hopeful some other song might step up in its place.


[Playing Rock Band, January 2009]

So now it's back to the thesis grind, and I'm crossing my fingers that tonight we'll all be up for some rocking out so that I can fill some of the wishful musical theatre void in my life.

Have a rocking Saturday night. :)

L. Stacks

1 comment:

Jen said...

You didn't get to sing to many songs! You'll have to come back soon.