Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Wisdom (from a 7-year-old)



Recently, I had a conversation with my buddy, Will, who is 7-years-old. I hang out with him a few hours a week before and after school, until his mom gets home from work. He's often wise and always funny. (A few weeks ago, we were at the zoo, and he told me I should "Sit down and take a load off.")

Our conversation went something like this:

Will: "What your favorite holiday, Lauren?"

Me: "Christmas!"

Will: "Christmas... ugh. Why Christmas? Everyone knows Halloween is the best holiday!"

Me: "Well, I guess Christmas because you can see your family and decorate and of course there are presents."

Will: "Halloween is better."

Me: "Why's that?"

Will: "Every other day of the whole year, I have to be a 7-year-old boy. On Halloween, I can be any thing I want to be. That's why."

Me: "Wow, Will, that's deep."

Will: "This year I'm going to be a smurf."

---

Happy Halloween! ... and may you be any thing you want for this single day.

L. Stacks

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love it.

Klita said...

Haha..funny .. I imagine how Will's face when he said that funny word :)