Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'd Like to Read:


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Two magicians fighting to the death. At a circus. And she's compared to Niffeneger!
(My only worry: too similar toThe Hunger Games?)


Cancer cells still living today from a woman in 1951
& the story behind the woman and her family.
Science. Storytelling. Ethics.
(I love a book that had a good amount of research going into it.)

Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay

Since I was ten years old, I've wanted to read every possible thing
about the Holocaust that I can get my hands on. This is no exception.
(That probably sounds weird, but the Holocaust is a subject
that always has fascinated me. And WWII in general.)


A woman flees Kansas to reinvent her life in LA.
In the early 1900s.
Based loosely on the author's grandmother's life.
Sounds like my cup of tea.

Swamplandia! by Karen Russell

Gators. The everglades. Gators.
A quirky little girl. Who fights gators.
Did I mention gators?

Have any of you read these? Which one should I start with? (It would help if I owned some of these, but I guess that's what Amazon Prime is for. Or the library. Or, if I were a good writer with an unlimited bank account, Barnes and Noble.)

Happy Reading,

L. Stacks

3 comments:

Erika said...

I've read "Sarah's Key!" It was really sad -- as one would expect from a Holocaust type story. But I did enjoy it (in the way you can enjoy stories like that) and still think of it from time to time...

wendy said...

I've read Sarah's key. I thought it was really good. I'm reading Henrietta lacks right now. I'm really enjoying but I like medical stuff and I really like that time period.

jwitten said...

I have Sarah's Key so we can swap:) I am loving Devil in the Windy City! I come home Sunday so let's have a date next week prof.
xo