Wednesday, July 27, 2011

FINISHED!


It's been a long time coming [three years!] and I've worked my tail off to get it this far [late nights, tears, break-throughs, coffee and plenty of helpful criticism], so I'm happy to announce that the thesis has been turned in!

Rounding out at 14 chapters, 369 pages, and 103,656 words, I am officially [as long as my school agrees] finished with my novel in its thesis form--however, I will be the first to say that I probably have another 5 months of revision ahead of me before the novel is in ready-to-be-sent-to-agents form. So for now, I'm celebrating a finished thesis, and taking a few weeks off before another long haul of rewriting and revision. It is true that a writer's job is never finished. Or so it seems.

In case you're wondering what exactly I've been fretting over and worrying about for the past three years, I've written up a little synopsis of the thesis for you. A back-of-the-book summary, so to speak.

The lives of the Carmichael sisters, Evelyn and Clara, will never quite be the same after the unexpected death of their mother while they are still children. Spunky, attention-seeking Evelyn is suddenly left to care for Clara, and to shield her in the wake of their father's flashy and sometimes-cruel new wife. Sweet, mild Clara, while constantly protected by Evelyn, struggles to find her own voice in the clamor around her. All the while, their rural little town, Eaton Springs is constantly changing as the Depression hits and later WWII starts, and the Carmichael sisters are being transformed as well. Through boys, soldiers and college, a mood disorder, break-ups and plenty of deceit, Evelyn and Clara learn how a sister can be first loved and later hated, in equal regard. To Keep is a story of two girls struggling to find their identities both within their family unit and outside of it; a story that details equally the lives of both Evelyn and Clara as they grow and change as individuals and in their relationship with each other.

The printed version!

Thank you, my dear readers, for bearing with me over the years in my long absences from the blog world as I worked on this project. I hope that with this hurdle finished, I will be back for some more regular blogging in the months to come.

XX,

L. Stacks

3 comments:

Majid Ali said...

Please for Christ sake please help me
I need your help and support to help PAY MY Tuition Fees. I need your only 3 to 5 minutes approximately

What you have to do is
1.go to Google.com and search "Kwotz-Golden Words of Life"
2.then visit my blog from the the search results.
3.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
4. click ONE of the ads that appeals to you from AdChoices and visit there.
5.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
and that's it.

NOTE: Only ONE click is needed.
I will be grateful to you.
May God Bless You.

Mandy Goetz said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I am hoping I get to read this someday, it sounds very engaging. XOXO

Duncan said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a great read.