Monday, February 7, 2011

[book ends] weekends

This is the second week of my [book ends] weekends posts, explained here. I am just loving how doing these blog posts is making me take more pictures, which I know I'm be thankful for down the road, even if they are of smile and minuscule parts of my life.

We started out our weekend by making a delicious dinner of ahi tuna, rice and my new favorite vegetable, brussel sprouts, which I roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper. (I never thought I'd be saying that I love brussel sprouts!) We finished off our meal by toasting to some of our wedding guests.

Saturday morning, I met some girlfriends from college at Orange for brunch. I did a little window shopping at Two Sided, one of my favorite Chicago gift shops, and had to snap a picture of "Burritos as big as your head."

I started reading Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, a recommendation from my sister-in-law, and plugged through the last two New Yorker issues I haven't finished yet. On Superbowl Sunday, I had the apartment to myself and therefore had a Super-writing Sunday, complete with coconut shrimp and chipotle hummus. And since I didn't have cheerleaders, I just cheered for myself... "rah, rah, rah!! You can do it!" Hee hee.


Have a happy week,

L. Stacks


5 comments:

jwitten said...

Did Orange get any better? I have doubts... Miss you!

Shirley said...

WOW...that dinner looks fabulous and delicious!

Lauren Stacks said...

J- It was my first time there, but I didn't think it was that great. I had orange french toast... much better at Milk & Honey! (Maybe we should go there this weekend!!)

S- Thank you! :)

KTB said...

In terms of breakfast spots in Chicago... have you tried OverEasy in Ravenswood? BEST breakfast I have EVER had. Mmmm I miss that place!

Jen said...

Did T eat the brussel sprouts?