Monday, October 11, 2010

So Excited!



I am unabashedly excited for the release of my past professor Heather Sellers' memoir You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know this Thursday, October 13th. It's a memoir about her experiences with prosopagnosia, a rare neurological disorder sometimes referred to as face-blindness because those who have it cannot recognize any faces--including their own.

I can't wait to dig into this book and read about Sellers' experiences through her un-flickering self analysis and honest, moving language. Her memoir has been compared to Jeannette Walls' The Glass Castle, which I enjoyed reading a few years back.

Also, if any of you will be in the Chicago area on November 17th, Sellers will be reading from her new release at Roosevelt University (where I'm pursuing my MFA in creative writing) at 5 p.m. in the Gage Gallery (click here for more information).

I can't wait to dive into it! Who else is with me?

L. Stacks

P.S. To watch a video of Sellers talking about her memoir, click here.

No comments: