Wednesday, July 7, 2010

book ends movie list: Up!



5. Up!

I watched this movie back in January and somehow totally forgot to blog about it until now. I was reminded when T mentioned wanting to see the movie--shocking, I know--and I couldn't believe that I had left it off of my book ends movie list until now!

I haven't watched many of the more recent Disney films, although the I've seen all of the classics dozens of times each. Going into this film, all I knew was that it was about an old man and a boy scout whose house goes... up. And I certainly wondered how that would be an engaging hour and a half movie. But I was surprised. The movie took directions that I never would have imagined and I found myself laughing a lot at the characters in the movie. I especially loved the pack of dogs and the heartbroken man. The love portrayed between
Carl and Ellie was way more realistic than that of any of the classics--I mean, who ever believed that Belle would really love a Beast?

I would definitely recommend this flick if you're looking for something fun and silly. And if you like talking dogs. That's all I'll say.

L. Stacks

21 comments:

Jen said...

Pixar movies are great!

JasonBirk佳琪 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
筱婷筱婷 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy said...

I just met you and I love you....SQUIRREL! (Sorry I couldn't resist...)

趙坤然趙坤然 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
張怡 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
伯函 said...

逛街不如逛部落格,省錢又開心啊............................................................

佳皓 said...

人們不缺少力量,他們缺少意志。..................................................

盈廖生家秀蔡 said...

Nothing comes from nothing.............................................................

童祖如童祖如 said...

來打聲招呼-大家好!!!...........................................................

黃信梅 said...

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today..................................................................

吳許芝蓮佩儒 said...

A contented mind is a perpetual feast.............................................................

亦奈美妮 said...

愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

偉曹琬 said...

馬丁路德:「即使知道明天世界即將毀滅,我仍願在今天種下一棵小樹。」............................................................

偉曹琬 said...

很精彩的部落格 期待你的繼續加油..................................................

惠桂刁惠桂刁惠桂刁 said...

無私分享,很不錯哦~謝謝~~.................................[/url]...............

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

你的分享很不錯.. 謝謝 ..................................................

張王雅竹欣虹 said...

希望能常常看到你的更新............................................................

江趙雲虹趙雲虹仁昆 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
黃英吳思潔吳思潔邦 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meg said...

I've been wondering about this movie! I'll have to rent it :)

Looks like you had an amazing time in Hawaii! Love the pic's! & Congrats :)

xx