Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Word Count Wednesdays: Week 3



Alright, folks. This week, the grand total comes to 2,509 words--not too shabby, considering Sunday I was sick all day with a flu bug.

And since I know have 20-25 pages to add in to the first 30-35 pages of my novel, I think I'm going to take the next week off in order to organize all of those pages, make them work cohesively, and see what more needs to be worked on in the first three sections. Then, I'll go into the following week with some specific writing goals for the completion of the first three chapters, or with goals for the later chapters, if I deem the first three finished for now.

So this leaves me with a question... how do you, writer friends, revise? I read in an article recently that reading out-loud is a good suggestion, and will probably be doing a lot of that over the next week. But I've also heard about people who go through their work sentence by sentence... and I just don't know if I have the patience for that. Any suggestions?

Next week Wednesday, I'll post about how my week of revising went, and what I realized some of my goals are. And until then, I'll try to be better about blogging--between job searching, writing, packing, and wedding stuff, I don't ever know where my day goes!

L. Stacks

9 comments:

Lori said...

Left it in a drawer for a while. Did a full read-through, trying not to get bogged down in details but fixing little things here and there. Took notes. Took notes from anyone else I let read it. Left it in a drawer. Then made a bulleted list (that I added to over time) of the ideas I wanted to explore and things I wanted to work on. Am working through the list. Then, a full read-through again. Yes, you lose patience, but what else are you going to do? Put it away and never work on it again? Congrats on your word count. Admiration for the win!

Vi2139 said...

Many a true word is spoken in jest...................................................................

溫淑芬 said...

要持續更新下去喲!!祝你心情愉快.............................................................

鈺苓賴 said...

要持續更新下去喲!!祝你心情愉快.............................................................

Lori said...

Ahem. Wednesday. And who are your foreign friends in the comments? Classy.

hellolovephoto said...

Lauren! You better be working darn hard!

;)

陳淳 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」.................................................................                           

玫友 said...

Poverty is stranger to industry.....................................................................

于庭 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................