Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Word Count Wednesdays: Week 1



Yes, folks, that's 2,775 words this week--225 over my goal! This morning I sat down and wrote 800 of those words, which is the most I've written in one sitting in quite some time.

This week, I focused on my first chapter, and went through the already-existing 10 pages and tried to add more substance to the actions that were already occurring. That's my goal for this revision: not to necessarily write more actions, but rather more substance, more dissonance, and more internal struggle. Those 2,775 words pretty much doubled the page count for my first chapter. Score.

Thanks for tuning in. And thanks for the small reminders of support over the past week (ie, texts, facebook comments, etc.). Week two, here I come.

L. Stacks

5 comments:

Lori said...

That's great! Keep it up!

Mel said...

Fabulous! You're an inspiration! ;-)

scottiedawg said...

Nice work. I love the way your handwriting looks.

振宇 said...

rain before seven; fine before eleven.......................................................

Jen said...

Yay Lorraino! Can't wait to read your novel!