Tuesday, May 25, 2010

R.I.P. CTA U-Pass


Last Thursday was a sad day for me--it was the last day I could use one of the best perks of being a college student in Chicago: the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) U-Pass. This little piece of plastic probably saved me nearly $1200 dollars over the past two years.

So now that I have to pay $2.25 for each and every ride (rather than only $100 for the whole semester), I'll admit that I've been spending a lot of time on foot. In some ways, it's good because it gets me outside in the sunshine and gets me some extra exercise. But on the hot ninety-degree days, the cool confines of the brown line el cars certainly sound pretty refreshing. (Not to mention riding public transportation in the city is always entertaining!)

So here are a few things I've seen during my galavants around the city, fresh done with my CTA U-Pass.

The painted (!) side of a brick building in Chicago's Gold Coast.


Cool building--if you look closely, you can see the Hancock building in the back.

I love the circular windows jutting out of the building.

Mark Twain Hotel! (Though it's sad to say that
I don't think I'd feel comfortable actually staying there...)

I guess this means that I actually have to start acting like an adult now--no more free rides for me...

L. Stacks

No comments: