Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Place To Call Home


GREAT NEWS! Our application for the apartment that T & I fell in love with last week has been approved and now we are officially renters on Buckingham Place. (Doesn't the name of the street sound so regal?) We'll move in about a month from now, so there's plenty to do before then--decide on colors, paint the walls, pack up all our stuff, throw out our (well, his) old college-y decor (crates? plastic drawers?) and well, move! Who wants to help? Hee hee.

The apartment is technically a garden apartment in a condo building (we're the only renters, I think) but the size of the windows and the amount of sun we'll get definitely makes the apartment feel much nicer than the usual garden apartment in Chicago. We got all of our important things in this apartment: lots of space (1000 sq-feet), in-unit washer and dryer, a place to grill, and we can paint the walls (my only stipulation). Plus, a pretty little courtyard to catch some sun! Here are a few pictures:

The living room/dining room (so sunny!)

The kitchen (don't you love the hanging pot rack?)

The courtyard

I'm so excited! Any color combo suggestions? :)

L. Stacks

P.S. After my post yesterday about my love for Panera's Iced Green Tea, today I stumbled upon this post, with a recipe for watermelonade & it sounds almost as good as the tea. I'll definitely be trying it sometime this summer!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Looks like an awesome place! Congrats!

Mandy said...

YAY! I am so excited you found a place to live. When do you get to move in? I can't wait to come visit!!!

Lauren Stacks said...

Thanks! We get to move in the last week in June, so only like a month from now. We can't wait!

Laurelin said...

Lauren,
It was so good to see you at Dave's wedding!

I LOVE your blog! You are so fabulous at it! I love the Love on Mondays and the "pretend" wedding outfits.

Congrats on finding your place to live with T. Sounds like you got a great one!

Laurelin

Meg said...

Such a great place you have!!! How exciting!! Love the windows and the hardwood floors! Can't wait to see it decorated :)

xx