Monday, May 17, 2010

I Love: Red!

[On Mondays, I post about something that I love. Mondays are such rough days--does anyone out there actually like the start of a new work week? Does anyone say, yay, Mondays are marvelous? So to cheer myself up, and maybe my readers, too, I've decided to officially name my "I Love" posts on Mondays: book ends' Lovely Monday posts. Because wouldn't the day be so much better if you tried to think about lovely things?]

I'll admit it--for years, YEARS, I hated the color red. I'm not sure why, really... maybe because my favorite color has always been blue, and for some reason I found the two colors at odds in my head. Anyway, in the past 2-3 months I've found myself absolutely loving the color red. I'm not sure that means I would wear lots of red or buy red furniture by any means, but I've grown to love little splashes of the color, like:

Red Lipstick & Red Nail Polish




Red Shoes

[If anyone can tell me where I could get the
shoes above I will be forever indebted to you...]



Red Rose Earrings


By Teresa Foster Designs ($8.50) on etsy.

I've GOTTA get those earrings above.

And now I feel bad for hating on the color red for so long... Dear red, please forgive me?

Have a lovely Monday!

L. Stacks

5 comments:

Casey said...

Cute post, and love all the pictures! I'm the same way with red - I think it's because of my alabaster (translation: pasty) skin. Glad you're back, I miss you!

Mel said...

I hated red for a long time because I was a pink girl, and I felt that one could not be both. However, I've come to think of red as the more grown-up version of pink, so I've embraced it now! (Plus they won't let me into Canada if I don't love their national colour, right?)

郁財郁財 said...

真正的愛心,是照顧好自己的這顆心。.............................................

LupeConstan治士 said...

心中有愛,才會人見人愛。.............................................

Lori said...

I love red shoes! And green shoes! And SHOES.