Monday, April 5, 2010

Guest Book


Even though we're a bit behind on our wedding planning (we have yet to book a minister or any type of music), I still find myself thinking about things that are far less important to decide on anytime soon. One of these things is what to do for a guest book.

I don't really want a traditional book guest book, simply because, well, I already have a million books, and I really don't think I would look through it again. I have found a couple of ideas that are possibilities, and I thought I'd share them with you:

1. Puzzle Pieces


This adorable idea was found on Etsy.com, and the handmade wood puzzle can be purchased from the seller, Bella Puzzles. How cute would it be to put together the puzzle later in life and read all the cute wishes and congrats? (It'd be fun for future kids, too.)

2. Thumbprint Tree Print

While I'm not a huge fan of the large matted photo frames that seem to be popular at weddings as of late, I do adore this idea of having your guests put their thumbprints on a print of a tree, with their initials. You can see more at Etsy.com, but this print is from the seller, Sweet Carolina Design.

3. Wine Bottles

Since my fiance has recently become a self-proclaimed wino, this idea could be perfect for us. Guests sign one of several nice bottles of wine, and the bride and groom promise to toast to their guests when they sit down to enjoy a glass or two. I love the practicality of this option, and the fact that you could use the wine bottles as vases once they're empty.

I'd love to hear some other suggestions, if anyone has any!

L. Stacks

2 comments:

Mel said...

One of my friends had her photographer take pictures of all of the guests as they came into the wedding, then we signed a photo album, and the photographer & her posse kept track of the order of the photos so they could put the book together later.

I thought it was a cute idea, but I felt really awkward since I came alone, and it also might be kind of awkward for people who go to the wedding together but aren't actually a couple. Also it made the wedding start almost an hour late, for real.

Let me know if I can help you find musicians, I know lots of them.

王怡谷 said...

When everything is coming your way, you are in the wrong lane.............................................