Thursday, February 25, 2010

Clouds in my Coffee


"I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee, clouds in my coffee." -Carly Simon

Of course one of the things on my mind lately has been decorating my soon-to-be home, and specifically the kitchen. I don't know why but I really love a cute, bright kitchen--maybe because it seems that so often that's where people migrate to when they are entertaining (food! drinks!). So when I'm not writing or reading or doing other productive, writer-y and student-y things, I like to dream about something kind of odd: dishes.

I inherited some awesome green glasses from my grandmother, so I know that I want some green in the kitchen, but I'd love to pair it with some turquoises and blues. That said, I'm in love with these coffee mugs from Anthropologie. I just keep waiting for them to go on sale so that I can actually afford them.




Since I drink so much coffee, I'd love to have one of these designs by my side every day, filled with that steaming, pick-me-up liquid. Too bad we can't register for wedding gifts at Anthropologie!

L. Stacks

1 comment:

n.a.t.a.l.i.e. said...

just so you know, you're not the only one. I happen to be obsessed with kitchen accessories too. primarily dishes, so to speak.
:)