Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Some 'Splaning



I know, I know, I was doing so well. I had a nice little streak going there, blogging nearly every day for a couple of weeks. What happened to stop my productive blogginess? Well, here's some 'splaning:

One.

I've been working on a piece of flash creative nonfiction (yes, folks, that means that it's under 1,000 words) about... peas. Well, about peas but also about my sister who has Angelman's Syndrome. Oh, and kind of about Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I'm having fun with it--trying to be a little less serious, and a little silly.

Two.


So, I started watching Lost at the beginning of the summer, and needless to say, I tried to hold off until Christmas break before I let myself get completely up-to-date. However, I found myself in a moment of weakness, and watched the Season 5 premiere a few days ago. I haven't been able to stop since.

Three.


As I told you in my last post, I watched my little brother run in Michigan's High School State Finals two weekends ago. That's my brother, on the far left, leading. In fact, he took the lead at about the half-mile mark, and lead all the way until the finish. Not only was he the individual division 4 state champion, but his team also won the meet. It was hard to get the rest of my homework done that weekend, since my family and I were too busy celebrating the success of my brother--and the Concord guys' team!

Hope you all have had a lovely few weeks--and I'll try to keep you all posted as I head home for Thanksgiving break, finish out my third semester of my MFA, and start the holiday season!

L. Stacks



2 comments:

Mandy said...

Its about time you posted. I was starting to worry about you ;) Can't wait to see you next weekend!

J.lee Hansen said...

FUN BLOG!!!
I have a small headband business.

You can receive a free headband by inviting all your lady friends to the Whimsical Headbands group here on facebook.

When four people (your referrals) each buy one, you get one free!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=92771173897&ref=ts


www.whimsicalheadbands.com

whimsicalheadbands{at}gmail{at}com


www.definedwhimsical.blogspot.com


shipping is only 3.25!